The City of San Fernando Water District (CSFWD) has shown its support and participation to the 18 Day-Campaign to End Violence Against Women (VAW) last November 25 to December 12, 2020 by printing and distributing sixty thousand (60,000) Primers on Republic Act No. 9262: Anti-Violence Against Women and their Children Act, as Gender and Development (GAD) Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials, to the following:
- All concessionaires of CSFWD in partnership with PrimeWater – City of San Fernando (through the tellers and meter readers)
- All employees and officers of CSFWD and PrimeWater – City of San Fernando
- VAW Desks of Different Barangays in the CSFP
- Pederasyonng mga Kababaihang Fernandino
- LGU-CSFP Women’s Desk
- CSFP – Local Council of Women
- Public Attorney’s Office – Pampanga District Office
- Pampanga Provincial Warden
- CSFP Police Station
- Soroptimist International – Pampanga Chapter
- Girl Scout of the Philippines – Pampanga Council
- Zonta International – Pampanga Chapter
This is part of the CSFWD advocacy campaign for the protection of human rights of women against violence and all other forms of discrimination to pursue the vision of a VAW-free community.
The City of San Fernando Water District (CSFWD) is mandated to promote water consumption and make water more available and accessible to its constituents.
As part of its attributed projects on Gender and Development (GAD), the CSFWD,in partnership with PrimeWater Infrastructure Corporation and Rotary Club of San Fernando P, has donated toilet blocks withhand washing facilities to San Fernando Elementary School (SFES) and Pampanga High School (PHS).
The two (2) projects aim to provide clean toilet facilities and access to safe water to young children who are more susceptible to water-borne diseases.
Female teachers and adolescent students can able to manage menstruation because of available water, sanitation and hygiene facilities in school.
The turn-over ceremonies of both projects to the two (2) schools were held on September 16, 2020.
The City of San Fernando Water District (CSFWD), as part of its Gender and Development (GAD) programs, has shown its support in the celebration of Women’s Week in the City of San Fernando (P) on September 7-13, 2020, to commemorate and honor the legacy of the Fernandino Heroine, NicolasaDayrit-Panlilio, who wholeheartedly volunteered to care for the sick and wounded during the Philippine-American War.
The activity was entitled “SEARCH FOR MAKABAGONG NICOLASA DAYRIT-PANLILIO”, wherein ten (10) frontlinerswho have demonstrated significant impact on community health care during this time of pandemic in fighting against COVID-19 were honored and recognized.
The virtual awarding ceremony was aired via Facebook live of the CSFWD in partnership with PrimeWater-City of San Fernando and crosspost in CLTV 36’s Facebook page on September 10, 2020.
Theexcellence and dedication of all the awadees in the performance of their roles during this pandemic truly served as an inspiration to all of us.
“MAKABAGONG NICOLASA DAYRIT-PANLILIO” AWARDEES
- LEZIEL M. MALIG – Police Officer (PNP – Regional Office No. III)
- SHANEL C. PARAGAS – Street Sweeper (LGU-CSFP (General Services Office))
- ROSEMARY G. CALIMLIM – Brgy. Captain (Brgy. San Nicolas, CSFP)
- MARISA M. NUQUI – Traffic Enforcer (LGU-CSFP (City Public Order and Safety Coordinating Office))
- AMALIA A. CATACUTAN – OIC, Camp Manager (LGU-CSFP Kalinga Center-Isolation Facility)
- JOY AISA R. SOMBILLO – Medical Specialist (Jose B. Lingad General Memorial Hospital)
- CHRISTINE JOY V. DIZON – Nurse (Jose B. Lingad General Memorial Hospital)
- City Social Welfare and Development Team – Social & Daycare Workers (LGU-CSFP (City Social Welfare and Development Office) headed by Ms. Aileen Villanueva)
– Adeline Aquino
– Garnett Mallari
– Lichelle M. Razon
- COVID-19 Incident Management Team – Different Department Heads of LGU-CSFP (LGU-CSFP – headed by Dra. Renelyn Tungol)
- DepEd TV and Radio Production Team – School Heads, Supervisors, Teachers and Other School Office Personnel (DepEd Region III – Central Luzon Division of City of San Fernando – Headed by Dr. Mel Macaspac)
WOMEN’S MONTH CELEBRATION 2020
The CSFWD joined in the celebration of the National Women’s Month last March 2020, which is part of the worldwide observance of the International Women’s Day.
The following activities were conducted / attended that aim to inspire and empower women of all ages to achieve gender equality:
- A Unity Prayer / Mass for a COVID-19 and Breast Cancer Free City – March 8, 2020
- Groundbreaking Ceremony for the Construction of Toilet Block with Hand Washing Facilities in Pampanga High School (PHS) – March 10, 2020
- Groundbreaking Ceremony for the Construction of Toilet Block with Hand Washing Facilities in San Fernando Elementary School (SFES) – March 10, 2020